Among the strengths of Grand Hotel Menaggio, on Lake Como, is being near Varenna. The 4-star hotel is just 15 minutes by ferry from one of the prettiest and most quaint villages overlooking the Lario, perfect for a romantic getaway or a relaxing day out with friends and family.
We can reach Varenna by boarding near the Grand Hotel. By choosing to move by ferry we admire the village from a different angle, observing all its particularities at their best.
Picturesque alleys, colorful little houses and a romantic atmosphere distinguish the entire village.
Let's find out what to see in Varenna:
- The historic center: this is the beating heart of the village, with its central square overlooked by the Church of San Giorgio, a perfect example of medieval Lombard architecture. A few steps away is the Church of San Giovanni Battista, dating back to the 11th century;
- Villa Monastero: one of the main tourist attractions of the place. A 16th-century architectural complex with museum house and botanical gardens;
- Villa Cipressi: a late Renaissance masterpiece perfect for admiring the view thanks to its terraces sloping down to the lake;
- The Lovers' Walk: a path overhanging the lake that leads us to the landing stage. It is a short metal and arch walkway covered with climbing plants;
- Vezio Castle: is an imposing building with more than a thousand years of history, erected for defensive purposes and surrounded by dense vegetation. Today it houses a raptor training center and is one of the most beautiful scenic spots on the entire lake.
Grand Hotel Menaggio's central location on Lake Como allows quick access to many charming villages and locations.For this reason, the property is perfect for those who want to experience a vacation of relaxation and discovery on the Lario area.
All this while staying in a 4-star hotel with lake view rooms and suites, restaurant, swimming pool, free parking.
Water sports equipment available for rent.
Spend your vacation in a hotel near Varenna on Lake Como.
Discover Grand Hotel Menaggio.